Monday, September 13, 2010

FINALLY!

After nearly a year we finally have Internet!  I know I could have posted on my blog from other people's computers but I either would forget my camera to add pictures or alright alright no more excuses.....I will try to be a better blogger now.  Before, I just felt pathetic for having a blog that I never posted on, but after reuniting with many relatives who live very far away, a new feeling emerged.  GUILT! 

After my sister's wedding we had a big family BBQ.  The subject of blogs came up (not from me of course, I'm not that stupid).  All of sudden it was mentioned by one of my favorite people that it makes her sad that I never post anything because she never knows what we're up to/how we're doing/what my kids look like these days.  Everyone at the table chimed in with similar sentiments and I felt my cheeks getting hot. 

If keeping up with my blog for myself isn't motivation enough, then I will consider all of my friends & family members who actually care and even look forward to seeing my blog (and are immediately disappointed when they view it and see I haven't posted anything since February...it's September)

My goal will be to post something at least once or twice a week, depending on how cool our lives are at the moment.  I will also take special requests from anyone (within reason) in order to keep things flowing.  A special thank you to those who continue to check my blog every month or so in hopes I finally posted something.  It gives me hope for myself : )

Love you all!

9 comments:

The Wittmer's said...

I am hoping that comment didn't come from me... but i love checking your blog and seeing the pics of lizzie & max. you are a wonderful mother with and without this blog! Don't let anyone ever tell you different! love you cousin! so glad you are in my life!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

The Becks said...

haha no it wasn't you, but thanks for what you said!! You're a sweetheart!! Love you lots cousin! Can't wait to see you guys Friday!!

erin said...

oh Heidi!! it's Erin and I think it was me that said something!! I'm so sorry I upset you!!!!

Bootsie, Buck, Bethany or Bianca???? said...

Woo hoo! Back in business eh? For some reason I had a feeling I should check your blog today. How funny is that? I don't even have a working blog but it sure is fun looking at them. Don't feel bad for taking a blog vacation...just in case I happened to be the one that said something at the BBQ! :) Love you to pieces Heidi!

The Becks said...

haha no Erin it wasn't you either, but now that I think about it a lot of people did mention it haha. either way no one upset me, i needed a kick in the butt to get back on it! haha love ya!

The Becks said...

not gonna lie, it was you Linz I had in my mind when i wrote that, but thats a good thing because if you'll notice I said you're one of my favorite people : ) and i really truly appreciate anyone who brought it up because it made me feel loved!

Bootsie, Buck, Bethany or Bianca??? said...

Yeah, I kind of figured it was me seeing as you said "Favorite Person". Hahahahaha! Just kidding! But seriously, I feel like a booger now. I just meant that I love seeing how your little family is doing when I asked about your blog. What a nosy Nellie huh? I don't even have a blog or Facebook page. Talk about not blending in with the times! Sheesh! I must say that I feel so out of the loop being way out here. Blogs are a great way to see what your loved ones are up to. You know I love ya like crazy!!! Miss you too! Have fun watching glee this season!!!!!

erin said...

phew! well i am glad that your posting again =)

The Becks said...

thanks ladies!!!