Saturday, November 13, 2010

We Love Yosemite!


Last month we took the kids to Yosemite for the first time.  I have a great uncle and aunt who live in Sonora.  We visit them often and they don't live too far from Yosemite, so this last visit we decided to take a day trip to the gorgeous sites of Yosemite.  I hadn't been since I was about 12, but the memories from my childhood trips were fresh in my mind that day.  I fell in love with that place all over again.  What's not to love?  It's absolutely beautiful!!

Lizzie did great and hiked most of the way on the Vernal Falls trail.  We had to stop at the bridge because that was as far as a stroller could go.  Next time we HAVE to remember our backpack carrier.  The weather was perfect, not too cold or hot and the Fall colors were amazing.  Todd wants to go again in the Winter, so we may get to see yet another season of Yosemite.  I always went in the summer as a kid.  No matter when you go, there is something so magnificent about the place I imagine that even the worst weather conditions couldn't keep it from being an amazing vacation spot.












1 comment:

The Wittmer's said...

my favorite place! Love it! xoxo So glad you had fun!