Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Misfortune Turned Favorable



I was absolutely in love with my Brocade Bordeaux Boxy Backpack by Petunia Pickle Bottom.  It was the exact colors I wanted and even matched with the nursing cover my friend made for me.  (Totally by chance I might add)  They're pretty pricey, but having a good, dependable, functional diaper bag is pretty crucial in my opinion.  My wonderful mom bought it for me before Max was born.  A couple months after I started using it, the zipper broke.  It wasn't impossible to keep using, so I kept on using it.  After a couple more months it started to be an annoying hassle.  I decided to contact Petunia Pickle Bottom because I had heard they are very good about repairing their products.  However, I am not the most efficient person, so I let a few more months go by.  I FINALLY e-mailed them a couple weeks ago and I have to say they were AMAZING!  Customer service is very important to me but never have I dealt with such a wonderful company before.  They had me send in my bag and after showing it to their seamstress, they determined it could not be repaired, but that they would be happy to send me a new bag.  WOW!  I thought that was super awesome, until I read the next line.  "Unfortunately, we no longer carry that style diaper bag."  Boo....But then it went on.  "However, please take a look at our current line to find the bag that is just right for you and we will be happy to send you a brand new bag."  That's pretty awesome, but there is no way I will find one I liked as much as mine, right?  WRONG! 



Found a GORGEOUS one and was so excited to receive it in the mail just a few days later.  This company really goes above and beyond.  I highly reccommend PPB to everyone I know :) Yes, they are expensive, but from this experience I believe even more now that they are totally worth it! 

No comments: